Monday, July 27, 2009

It's Official

Well, the State Board of Montana didn't find any reason to reject my application for license so I am now officially a licensed architect in the State of Montana. I received my official license today and I will get my stamp and wall certificate in the next month after the State Board signs it.

To give you an idea of how long this process is (excluding the procrastination factor...architects are notorious for that), I went through 5 years college taking 15-20 credits a semester. In my fourth and fifth years I took a combination of undergraduate and graduate courses. After graduation I completed 3 years of "internship" where I had to fulfill working credits in different categories. Once that process was completed, I was finally eligible to sit for 9 architectural exams which typically takes one average 1-2 years to complete. I squeaked by in just under 2 years. So adding that all up, I have 10 years invested in getting licensed (with a few years of dragging my feet). If I had realized that in advance, I could have saved some time and become a doctor or lawyer. J/K

Well I don't have any cool letters after my name yet (A.I.A - I have to pay for that) so for now it will just have to be
Russell J****** Architect, LEED AP

Oh, and I'm done now so you won't have to read my gloating any more. I promise, I'm done.
(I'll now pass the baton over to Aaron. Getting close!)

No comments: