Distance: 40 miles
Average speed: 15.5 mph
Max speed 35.5 mph
Temperature: Really, really HOT
Route: South Billings blvd to Blue Creek blvd to Lockwood and back to Billings
Hills: AAAHHHH!
Wildlife: grasshoppers, dead snakes, roadkill
It was a tough ride! I went in the middle of the day by myself, so there was no one to push me. It was insanely hot and there were a lot of crazy-hard hills. When I did this ride last year I was in much better shape, but at least I remember it being difficult!
Photo 1: As "Montana" as it gets! (Blue Creek Blvd)
And just for fun: One of my favorite things--a happy, sleeping baby! Evie loves her swing.
1 comment:
For anyone that doubts Sarah on the difficulty of this ride, I did this ride alone the first time I did it and came very close to crying. (I'll admit that because another "tough as nails" cyclist that I really admire admitted crying on a ride I've done before.) It was so cold and windy, probably 10-15 degrees colder than Billings and it was getting dark. The roads go on forever with no landmarks until you intersect the next street 5 miles down the road. You have no idea if you are going the right way until you see the sign "Billings 8 Miles" after riding 32 miles. Its a tough ride with all of the hills and wind. And the heat, yuck. Glad it was you and not me. I was wiped out just mowing the lawn in that heat while you were gone!
Maybe I should have rode my bike instead of working on the car though.
Post a Comment