Saturday, July 18, 2009

A blessing, anniversary, bike ride, and more

Since Russ said I would post about Evelyn's baby blessing, I thought I should. She was blessed last Sunday, July 12, which just happens to be our anniversary. Unlike Sydney and Tara, Evie was completely silent during her blessing. She wore the same dress, and like her sisters, spit up all over it. Afterwards, Sydney was suppose to give a talk in primary. She got too scared, and Tara wouldn't give it either, so I got to give a talk in primary. We went home after that to feed all the grandparents before their travels. Evelyn wasn't too thrilled about everyone taking pictures of her, and they didn't turn out that great. Maybe I'll put her back in her dress when she is in a good mood and try again. So the pictures aren't great, but I guess that's life.

Russ and Evie
Tara
Sydney and Grandpa
The "tree squirrels"
Sydney wasn't too sure about holding Evie while she was crying, and Tara was having a lovely time posing in her pretty dress.
Russ, Evie and her two Grandpas
Sydney and Tara
(and the hem of Evie's dress)
Russ and Evie
Family picture
And at last, my bike ride. We were up quite a bit with Evie last night, so I got a really late start on my ride this morning. I did a shorter ride (19 miles), but with some pretty steep hills. I rode to Pictograph caves and back. (The new visitors center is open--if you are local go check it out!) Russ and I have both done this ride many times, and we already have lots of pictures of the caves, so I took this picture on the way home. It's about 2-3 miles from our house. When I was training for my marathon last year I ran along the river every day. It is so pretty, and there is a nice path that runs next to the river, then heads up the rims. As I mentioned before, last Sunday was our 8th anniversary. Russ bought me flowers, but because of all our company, we didn't do anything else. We decided we would buy new biking gear --shorts and such, and call it good. I know, we are so romantic!

FYI: Sydney and Tara are outside catching grasshoppers and eating popcicles right now. Does it get more "summer" than that?

1 comment:

tonksfam said...

We took Marie's "blessing" pictures about two weeks after the event. I think this is one of the great secrets of parenting: we all cheat on the pictures! ;)