As some of you may know, I'm involved with the young women of our church (12-18 year olds). On Tuesday they went for a little hike just outside of town, so the girls and I went with them. I carried Evie in a snuggli, but Sydney and Tara had to keep up with the big girls on their own. As usual, Tara was in the lead as the hike began. She was also the last to finish. She informed me that it was a BIG hike for little legs. It may have been, but she did awesome. Sydney hikes at a nice steady speed (Think
Tortoise and the Hare--It's very Sydney and Tara!). Syd also has an incredible talent for finding anything--pennies on the ground, birds, wildlife, etc. On the hike she found a dead rattlesnake. With the help of Anna (The great and amazing Anna, I should say--our YW pres.) she had the dead snake all ready to take home to show to Dad. Fortunately, I was able to convince her that he needed to stay there.
The girls really had fun on their
big hike for little legs. Sydney is in the front (left) in this photo. I have no idea where Tara was at this point.

Syndey stopped to take a drink of water.

This was Evie's third hike (7 weeks old!)
No comments:
Post a Comment