Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Shorter Job Title

I just walked down to HR about an hour ago and told them I'd like a shorter job title, that Architect in Training just didn't cut it any more. She asked what I would like the title to be, and I replied "just Architect." That's right... ARCHITECT! I got my official pass letter today with my application to receive my state license. But that stuff is just paper work. As far as I'm concerned...
I'M DONE!!!
ARE, I won't give you a second thought. It's time to take my life back.

On a side note, when Sarah told the girls that I had passed all of my tests, Tara asked "Does that mean Daddy doesn't have to study anymore at nights?" To that I say "Yes Tara. Daddy's back!!!"

And on a completely random tangent, we blessed Evie this Sunday in church. It went really well and Evie didn't scream through the whole blessing like the other two did. What a relief. I could actually concentrate on the blessing and other people could hear it for a change. Sarah will post more later with pictures of Evie in her blessing dress.


***UPDATE***
I was just approached by one of the principles at my firm just a minute ago who came upstairs to congratulate me on passing my exams. Before he left he asked if I had heard of the firm's tradition for when an architect newly becomes licensed. I said "no, but I can imagine what it would be." I was thinking something along the lines of buying the principles a round of beers or something similar. To my surprise he told me to sit down and then proceeds to get down on his knees and bows down to the floor chanting praises to the new architect. It was really weird but actually quite hilarious, especially for this particular principal. (Probably because I just don't know him very well). So thanks for the praises Shep.

4 comments:

Kimber Bowen said...

Congrats Russ. You passed all your tests. I bet that is such a relief. I am so happy for you.

Mom said...

CONGRATULATIONS! That's in all caps because I am shouting in celebration. I just called your Dad to tell him the news and he says congratulations as well.

joanne said...

WAY TO GO!!! That rocks you are the man!!!
glad that tara got her daddy back!!!

Michelle Croft said...

Yea!!! I'm sure you'll enjoy being human again and not just a studying machine. Congrats!