Monday, June 15, 2009

Pictograph Caves

On Saturday Grandma and Grandpa were here for a visit, so we took a little trip to Pictograph caves. It was a different experience to drive there. It is one of our favorite bike rides, but also very challenging thanks to all the hills. Hopefully I'll be up for that ride again soon. For now we drive!

The first four pictures are Sydney and Tara showing off their tree-climbing monkey skills.




Pictograph caves has a little hike that takes you around to three different caves. Sydney and Tara are now seasoned hikers, and led the way. They had a fabulous time!

Here Tara is climbing on one of the cliffs to get a closer look at some fossils.

Sydney also found lots of fossils. She plans on becoming a paleontologist when she grows up--or so she tells me. Of course, she is also going to be a doctor, writer, illustrator, and about seven other things. I can't keep track of them all.

Tara found a miniature "cave" where massive boulders had tumbled from the cliff to form the perfect little hang-out just for her.

At one of the high-points the girls pulled out the binoculars to get a closer look at the wildlife. They were thrilled to find lots of cows on the private land right next to the park.

Overall it was a lovely day!

2 comments:

Alana said...

It was a wonderful trip. I loved hanging out with all THREE girls!

Annie29 said...

Sarah and Russ! I have been looking for you for like centuries! I can't believe how much your family has grown! Oh...so you don't think this is some weird stalker or anything this is Anne Christensen...Sarah your old roommate and Russ your old neighbor! I would love to hear from you. I lost your email address ages ago. My email address is achristensen@interact.ccsd.net. You totally need to write to me!!! Where are you guys now?