Monday, June 8, 2009

Kindergarten Graduation & Sunday Nap-time

Last Friday was Sydney's last day of Kindergarten! The sprinkler toy she is holding is a prize for turning in the most "reading contracts" which means every time she read a book she drew a picture for it and turned it in. YEAH Sydney! I love that she can read and write so well now. Tara loves that Sydney can read her stories and she can't wait to got to Kindergarten in the Fall when Syd goes to first grade.

And what would a Sunday afternoon be without a nap? Usually we all crash--one after another. I wake up and find sleeping bodies all over the house. It doesn't get any better than a Sunday nap! In this photo, Tara is faking. She wanted to be in the picture, so I told her she had to pretend to be asleep. If you look close, you might see her grinning underneath all that hair!

3 comments:

Kimber Bowen said...

Sydney,
Congrats. That is wonderful that you graduated and won the reading award. You are such a good reader and writer. I am so proud of you. I can't believe you will be going to first grade next year. And when I see you next I can't wait for more of your jokes. I love them. So you better get some more for me.
Love,
Aunt Kimber

Mom said...

Congratulations Sydney! When I told Grandpa about your award, he said he was happy for you too. Can't wait to see you this weekend!

joanne said...

way to go sydney!! that Rocks!! Skyla says your rockin!!
Wish that we could hear you read storys!!
love the pic of sunday naps!! its a classic!!!