After I got home from scouts on Wednesday, a very frazzled Sarah proceeded to tell me how Tara had dialed 911 and then set the phone down and walked away. Sarah tried to use the phone about ten minutes later and couldn't get a dial tone. She searched around and finally found the other cordless phone, hung it up and then proceeded to make a call. While on the other call, she heard the call waiting go off and answered it. Of course it was dispatch asking if there was an emergency and told her there was an open ended call to 911 for the last 10 minutes. When we asked Tara about it later, she insisted it was okay because she dialed 91166, not 911.
Then, last night I noticed the flag was up on our mailbox. Thinking this to be particularly odd and wondering if Sarah was actually sending something out on a Saturday night or if the girls were playing around, I went out and checked the mail box. This is what I found:
Translation:
(To:) Crazy Lady's yardIt took us a while to understand it but when we finally did, Sarah and I were on the ground laughing hysterically. We are not too particularly fond of our next door neighbor. She has some paranoid tendencies and has made life difficult since she moved in. Example, we fought for a full year to rid ourselves of the stray cats that loitered around our yard. Then she moved in and attracted every stray cat in a 2 mile radius. They'd gorge themselves on the food she scattered all over her yard and then they'd come relieve themselves on our yard, roof and car. They'd jump in through our windows and attack our cats. It got bad enough that we were no longer able to safely let our cats outdoors and, with Sarah's allergies, we had find them new homes. When confronting our neighbor, she'd insist that she wished the cats would go away and that she was trying to get rid of them as well. Then she'd go right back to feeding them and naming them all "Boy" and calling for them outside our bedroom window at 2am. When we have visitors, they cannot park in front of her house because she will confront them and want to know their life stories to make sure they are not after her. She has people coming and going at all times of the night and we are convinced she's doing something illegal over there. For those reasons, and many more, we have jokingly referred to her as the "Crazy Lady" or the "Crazy Cat Lady" and do not let our girls talk to her even though she tries to give them dirty old McDonald's happy meal toys and other worthless junk that she just dumps in our yard. Evidently Tara has heard us call her "Crazy Lady" and thinks that is her name. I guess we better be more careful about what we say around the girls.
(From:) Tara Jensen
Go to Tara Jensen's house today. Have Fun. Sign your name to go. Draw a picture of you. Go now. I'm your neighbor.
Anyway, on the way to church this morning, still thinking this was a hilarious situation, I decided to ask Tara about it. I could only think about how relieved I was that she chose our mailbox instead of hers. Then it dawned on me. Maybe she had put something in her mailbox as well. Sure enough, our copy was the first draft, the one she messed up. The perfected copy was sitting in our neighbor's mailbox. Its not so funny anymore. We raced back home after church and saw that the flag was still up on her mailbox. Phew! We lucked out. Well, not really. The mailbox was empty. I'm just hoping the "Crazy Lady" can't figure out what the note says.


5 comments:
Oh my.....the joys of parenting....
That's our Tara. She has no fear. Can't wait to see you all!
I love Tara! She says it as she sees it!
So true. I wish I could say this was the first or second time Tara has embarrassed us with things she does or says. She just does what she wants with no regards to consequences. That kid really needs a filter.
Sounds like her mother has definitley passed on some genes to tara!!!!
Post a Comment