Monday, March 8, 2010

It's Great to be Eight!

You're probably thinking, WOW, Russ is still around? Yes, I just haven't had much to say lately and what I do have to say is usually quick enough to post on Facebook.

Last night our primary did a special program for Sydney and her CTR 7 friends. It was a baptism preview called "It's Great to Be Eight". Sydney was so excited to go. Saturday morning Sydney and I got up and went to one of her friend's baptism. It's all becoming real for Sydney as she gets closer to eight years old and watching her friends get baptized. So she was really excited to go to the baptism preview last night. Part of the program was dedicated to Activity Days (Achievement Days?). Syd wouldn't stop talking about Activity Days and all the cool stuff she'll be doing. She's going to have two very cool leaders. She's really bummed that she can't start going now and still has to wait until October.

I can't believe how fast she is growing up and learning. She is just a volume of random facts now (and some partial facts) and always has her nose in a book, well, when she's not tormenting her younger sister.

No comments: