Saturday, March 13, 2010

First ride of the season!

***Sarah speaking***
Last Saturday I dusted off my road bike, Russ put air in the tires, and I finally got to go for a real ride! It was still chilly and a little windy, but with a base layer on and the sun shining it almost felt like Spring. I wore my new jersey that has been hanging in the closet since Christmas. Russ found it for me, but wasn't sure of my size, so I went back and bought it myself. It makes me smile.
FRONT:
BACK:
I rode to the end of Duck Creek Road--round trip it was 30 miles. 17.1 mph was my average speed, which isn't too bad for my first ride of the year, especially considering the hills. It was a really pretty day, though, so I stopped to take some pictures of the Yellowstone River as I crossed the bridge. I know it still looks like winter, but I'm wishing Spring here with all my might!

No comments: