Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Toothfairy Treasures

Sydney lost her first tooth yesterday. It's a good thing, too, since she already has two new ones half-way in behind the baby teeth. She has been home sick the past few days, so that explains the bed-head and eye-crusties. :) Fortunately she was able to go to school today so she can tell everyone that the toothfairy visited her last night.
I realize I haven't posted for a few weeks. I've been sick, then Sydney got sick, and now Tara is sick. We are keeping our fingers crossed that Russ doesn't get it!

The quilt below is one I made for a friend of mine, who just happens to share a due date with me. :) Her baby shower was a week or two ago, so I made one more quick quilt. While it is nothing fancy, I really liked the fun fabric. I actually made one identical to this several months ago and gave it to a neighbor when she had a baby.

As for all our other excitement: We've continued to work on the yard, but it would be much easier if spring would come and stay. It's 75 one day then 30 the next. Brrr...(30s today). But we do have some new grass coming in, some flowers, etc. If it ever warms up for more than two days in a row we might be able to plant my starts outside!
*****We are also putting the baby's room together. Nothing like procrastinating until the last minute! The prep work is taking about ten times longer than the painting will. Russ had to redo some electrical--he only got electrocuted once and started one tiny little fire. (He may just edit this post and remove that little tid-bit) Eventually we will get the walls patched, the texture on, paint, set up the crib, and maybe even decorate. I guess I should get to work on that, since I am being induced in two weeks. I'll know the exact date sometime next week. Oh, and my baby shower is this Saturday, so that should be fun. I guess we should start thinking about baby names, buying a car seat, and burning all maternity clothing!
*****I think that is about all the updating I have to do today. So I will sign out and 1) get to work, 2) eat something--or everything, or 3) go back to bed! Have a lovely day.

5 comments:

Russ said...

Electrocuted? I admit, it sparked a nice spark but I didn't get hit by it. I was rushing it since my flashlight was dying and it was getting dark. I guess I should have played it safe but I was tired of crawling around on my belly in the attic. There's only about two feet of clearance at the ridge. I still feel claustrophobic (and itchy from the insulation).

Sarah said...

I guess I should have mentioned that you probably have thousands of tiny fiberglass shards imbedded in your arms. For once I'm glad I was pregnant--I couldn't fit through the tiny access hole to get up there and help!

Kimber Bowen said...

Congrats Sydney. That is great. I am glad that the tooth fairy got to come and visit you. Russ, hope you are okay, glad you are still alive! Sarah, that is a beautiful quilt, you are amazing. Tara I hope you get feeling better. Baby girl I can't wait till you get here soon. Two weeks and we finally get to see you.

tonksfam said...

Nate didn't get your girls sick, I promise!...well, maybe. The fact that your family started the rounds before our family did makes me hopeful. The fact that our family finished before your family did makes me doubtful. I bet Sydney's glad to be back at school! Well, most of her. Minus one tooth, of course.

She's going to love that quilt. It's so her ;)

Two weeks, eh? That's great! Hopefully we'll be able to get a visit in when everyone is feeling better before that day comes. And after it comes, of course.

joanne said...

What the heck!!! two weeks! they will not induce me for 4 and we are only a freakin day apart!! Army docters are dumb!! they already think this sucker is 6 pounds too!
tell Sydney we hope the toothfairy was good to her! and congrads
is russ Ok?
love the quilt. and good luck coming up with names and working on the nursery.. i gusse i should do ours too