Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Little bits from Sarah

I realize it has been ages since I've posted anything, and since I have nothing terribly witty or remarkable to share, I'll keep it brief!
We have been insanely busy lately, and it has been a very interesting week or two. So, some "little bits" from Sarah:

***On Saturday the girls had a primary activity. Russ and I dropped them off at the church and went for a bike ride. (Yes at ~7 months pregnant) It made me happy, and I'm pretty sure Russ enjoyed kicking my trash. (Only a few more months, Russ!) After our bike ride we ran some errands and then that evening headed back to the church for a talent show. Russ and I played electric guitar and sang. See the photo below! It was amusing, but surprisingly sounded pretty good. For once my greatest challenge wasn't singing solo into a microphone (We took turns singing); Rather, it was having to hold the guitar at an awkward angle, thanks to my baby-bump. But we pulled it off. Oh, I probably should mention that we played "Shine" by Collective Soul. I know, duplicate act from a few years ago, but I've been too tired to practice much!

***I did finish painting my kitchen a while ago. I will attempt to take a photo soon. I've been meaning to hang my new blinds first, and for some reason it just hasn't happened yet.
***I think most of you know, but I'm in Young Womens' now, so last Wednesday night we had an activity. I'm not sure how it happened, but the Bishop asked for some volunteers towards the end. We ended up doing push-ups. How do I get myself into these situations? We were suppose to do as many as we could in 30 seconds. Normally I can get 40 or so in. I did one and realized that pregnant push-ups can be slightly challenging. I did 24-25. (And NO, NOT girly push-ups. You should know me better than that!) It made me feel, well, pregnant. But my girls think I'm a super-hero, so I guess all is well.
I think that's all for now. I must attempt to do my taxes, feel guilty for not hanging blinds in my kitchen, and pretend to be very productive for a little while.

2 comments:

tonksfam said...

I bet the baby loved how those push-ups felt. I wonder if she experienced a little zero-g there ;)

Anonymous said...

Push-ups at seven months. Go girl!