Monday, March 2, 2009

Another quilt top for my basket!

We've been working on getting our kitchen painted. So today I did lots of prep work--scrubbing, sanding, spackling, etc. It was finally time to paint and my paint was no good. Ahhh! So instead of going to the store to get a new can of paint as I should have, I walked away. I decided to clean my house and finish this quilt top instead. I'll make Russ go get me some paint tonight, and I will paint tomorrow!

As for the quilt--Well, I am making two of these for the girls' beds. The first top is finished (hence the picture of it). I still have a lot of work to do on the second, though. It has been a fun pattern--with curves, applique pieces, lots of different fabrics, and an awesome border.
For now this quilt top will have a home in the basket (which is now becoming VERY full) with all the other quilt tops that I really need to quilt. I should really get to work!

6 comments:

Poppy Lane said...

I love it. The colors are perfect together. I especially love the scalloped edge. I can't even begin to imagine how you would bind it.

So impressed!!

Anonymous said...

I think this is my favorite so far. You are really an artist! Send a top to me and I'll quilt it downstairs in the evenings.

joanne said...

I love the colors! the border looks so hard to do! Do you just make tops now? I cant wait to get into our place so that i can start a new one! you got me hooked

joanne said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
joanne said...

why are you painting? you should leave that up to Russ..
dont breath in to many fumes!

tonksfam said...

I can't believe how fast you are with these quilt tops! I has so many sewing projects that are much smaller than this that I never get around to doing. I'm excited to see this one in person :)

Good luck with the kitchen! It will be so good to see that finished up.

You've inspired me. I'm going to get some projects done today...like get dressed.