
I just looked outside and now I'm dreading the bike ride home after work. We had about 2 inches of snow this weekend and now the snow is hardpacked onto the road, and probably icy. Plus its only about +5 degrees right now. I've learned how to ride on this stuff but it doesn't mean I like it. I found this picture while I was trying to learn to deal with the snow and ice. It makes me feel better about riding my bike in the winter. Plus, I can point to this guy when people tell me I'm crazy for riding. One of my friends said he fully expected to see me in a few years with no nose or ears because I'd lost them to frostbite. Truth is, I caved and bought a ski mask and better gloves this year, plus on really cold days I wear a base layer. (Its great at work too since I sit next to an uninsulated masonry/window wall. Brrrrrr!) Today wasn't cold enough for the base layer.
Oddly enough, a few people have actually made a sport of ice/snow riding. I think I'll just ride home tonight and sit in front of the fireplace for a bit. Maybe I'll take a detour through the park on the way!?!
1 comment:
It sure looks cold to me. I either think you're crazy or the most devoted athlete I know. I'm glad you bundle up; noses are nice.
Post a Comment