
I finished my new quilt a little while ago, and although I've already posted pictures of the top, I wanted to post some pictures of it actually completed--quilted, washed, and even slept with for a few weeks!

I was terrified that I would ruin it with my inexperienced free-motion quilting, but I'm thrilled that it actually turned out. I quilted it exactly as they did in the pattern, and I think copying others' patterns is the way to go!

I have a stack of leftover fabric for pillow shams and even a few decorative pillows. We haven't decorated our bedroom yet, so this will hopefully brighten the room up. (We've been here three years, but there are too many other more important things to fix in the house to make it a priority right now. Someday.)

I took some close-up pictures to show the details of the machine quilting. It was a lot of work, and took much longer than I had anticipated, but I think it was worth every minute. The picture below is the back--showing just how quilted it really is.

The white borders were actually the most daunting, but surprisingly the most fun. I astonished myself as it all came together in the end.

I've never considered myself an artist of any kind. To me, quilting is more about math and precision. However, I am starting to branch out of my comfort zone, and the outcome is almost shocking! Although my bedroom it is tiny, unpainted, and most of the walls are still bare, I now have a work of art on my bed!
1 comment:
Sarah, you know I love all of your quilts, but this is especially gorgeous. The quilting is exquisite! You go girl! And the ones for the girls' room are wonderful too. I'm in love with the colors.l
Post a Comment