Monday, May 10, 2010

Mother's Day Madness

Mother's Day Madness: First I had to quickly sew the zipper in Evie's new dress so she could wear it before she outgrew it. Then Russ and I made invitations for Tara's Birthday party. Russ made blueberry multi grain pancakes and turkey bacon for breakfast, and then the mad-dash to get ready for church began.

So, it's probably not a great revealing secret, but I hate doing hair--so of course I ended up with THREE girls. That's a lot of pony-tails, braids, bows, etc. It will be nice when they can do it themselves. As you may be able to ascertain from the photo, Sydney did her own hair. Hmmm...maybe needs a little more practice, but she likes her independence!
Russ took these pictures for me while I was trying to get myself ready in the five minutes that we had before heading out the door. (I do most of my "primping" in the car on the drive.) I made Sydney and Tara's dresses last year for Easter, but they still fit, so I made one for Evie with the left-over fabric.

As for Mother's Day celebration: Well, besides my breakfast, Russ & the girls got me some flowers to plant outside, ice cream and chocolate (a given!), not to mention a beautiful new mountain bike! Russ also made dinner while I crashed into an unconscious heap on the couch for about five minutes until the girls came up, raided my chocolate and when nuts. I worked a little on a quilt while Sydney watched Harry Potter. (She has never seen it, and I think she might be hooked.) Then began the bedtime battle. About two hours later the girls were finally in bed and at least pretending to be asleep. Exhausting! But a lovely Mother's Day.

1 comment:

Brent and Tracie said...

It seems like life has been treating you two well. I saw Russ on facebook and then saw the links to your blogs. It think it is great you guys are biking together. I hope you remember me, I was the obnoxious roommate of Em and Mindy....
You can check out our blog at
www.small-and-simple.blogspot.com

Tracie Gessel (use to be hendricks):)