Saturday, January 2, 2010

Stars at Sea quilt

"Stars at Sea" (take two) finished! I have actually made this pattern once before. It is one of my favorites, but quite a difficult one. Had I remembered what a pain it was I probably wouldn't have made it again! It requires absolute precision, meaning a lot of unpicking and resewing. (NOT my favorite thing)
I love how this pattern creates optical illusions. If you look at the first picture you can see the waves of the sea. Looking at it straight on you can see stars in several different ways. You can also see circles at certain angles.
I machine quilted it 'in the ditch' which makes the pattern pop even more.
Despite the diffiulty and insane amount of time this pattern requires, I think I will probably make it again--although not any time too soon. The original "stars at sea" quilt I made is the one I keep on my bed.


I gave this quilt to my brother-in-law, Kirt & his fabulous new wife, Debby as a wedding present. **Congratulations!**

No comments: