This first one I made for Tara. Many of you know that she has a bit of a monkey fettish right now. She picked out the monkey fabric and insisted that I get it for her. So I threw together a quick flannel quilt for her. Even though I'm not a huge fan of this one, Tara loves it since it is a monkey blanket. Tara was kind enough to pose in the pictures. (Sydney was too busy playing outside.)
Monday, April 27, 2009
My basket overfloweth
About a week ago my little sister and some of her friends stopped by on their way to college in Idaho. I had to clean out my guest room a little bit--which required me to move my sewing stuff out of the way. For a week my basket of quilt tops sat in my family room, and every time I walked past it something fell out. I decided I had better finish a few projects this past weekend. So I chose the easiest and quickest quilts to finish. They are nothing special, but I decided to post a few pictures anyway.
This first one I made for Tara. Many of you know that she has a bit of a monkey fettish right now. She picked out the monkey fabric and insisted that I get it for her. So I threw together a quick flannel quilt for her. Even though I'm not a huge fan of this one, Tara loves it since it is a monkey blanket. Tara was kind enough to pose in the pictures. (Sydney was too busy playing outside.)

This next one is actually a baby blanket I knitted--mostly in the middle of the night when I couldn't sleep. Hurray for pregnancy-caused insomnia. At least I was productive, right?
This one is some more fabric that Tara picked out, but this time for her baby sister. Again, it is nothing exciting, but it turned out pretty cute, and I'm sure it will prove usefull.

This last one is a quilt top I made for "Hearts and Hands" which is a service project the relief society does. We were given a bag of fabric without knowing what would be inside. The goal was to create a baby blanket using that fabric. It was kind of strange fabric--a little of this and a little of that, but this is what I came up with. The blanket was put together and bound by other volunteers, and I heard it turned out really well, so I'm happy. If you are wondering, I designed the blue airplanes myself and pieced them using applique. It was my first attempt creating my own. Usually I just duplicate others' patterns.
This first one I made for Tara. Many of you know that she has a bit of a monkey fettish right now. She picked out the monkey fabric and insisted that I get it for her. So I threw together a quick flannel quilt for her. Even though I'm not a huge fan of this one, Tara loves it since it is a monkey blanket. Tara was kind enough to pose in the pictures. (Sydney was too busy playing outside.)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I love that last quilt! YAY for getting projects done!
...and you knit?! There's something I never knew.
it sounds like you need more projects!! just kidding! the quilts are awsome! i bet it is helping make the time go by faster! only 35 more days!
Post a Comment