Monday, February 16, 2009

Valentine's Day adventure

Wow, another interesting weekend at the Jensen home. We had a good Valentine's Day that was somewhat relaxing except for the fact that the girls were wired from chowing down on Sarah's frosted and candy covered Valentines sugar cookies. Somehow, before we even made the cookies, Tara was already bouncing off the walls. While Sarah was downstairs getting the cookies ready to frost, I snuck upstairs to watch "Ask this old house" but Tara followed. She was initially cooperative and even paid attention to the show but eventually got wild again and was so loud and distracting (climbing on me, grabbing my face, etc.) that I couldn't watch the show. Then I saw them, two empty laundry baskets, and a sinister idea popped into my mind. I tried to fight it but when she willingly got in the first basket while laughing, I couldn't resist, so I caged her.

All was well but she was still noisy so I took her down to Sarah and Sydney. That's when Tara lost it. She didn't mind being in the baskets but didn't want to be downstairs, she wanted to be with "Dadoo." (Yes, she is calling me that again.) Anyway, I quickly freed her but then Sydney quickly jumped in. What they will do just for attention. Wow. I'm sure I wasn't that way at all!?


Anyway, after we frosted cookies, I had to run to Lowe's to pick up a new toilet. (Long story that you don't want to hear and I really don't want to tell.) And NO, it was NOT Sarah's Valentine's gift. She went around telling everyone that's what I got her. She's planning to go on a talk show someday where they talk about the worst gifts they've ever received and hopes to win some prize. Sheesh! May I remind you, Sarah, of the event I mentioned above. You do not want that happening again and that's why I bought the toilet.

Anyway, Tara, Sydney and I installed the toilet today. Sydney was playing on the computer most of the time and came to help later with some of the stuff I really needed to help them with so I wasn't able to take pictures of Syd. Tara was my big helper through the whole installation.


Tara was very helpful all the way through and bolted the toilet to the floor. Tara helped me gather the tools, remove the old toilet, take it outside, remove the old wax ring, and unpack and install the new toilet. I explained the different parts of the toilet and what they do. She was focused and really concerned about the tank and finally asked "but how do we see the fish if there are no windows in the tank?" That's my girl!

I would show it installed but who wants to look at a toilet?

2 comments:

Kimber Bowen said...

What a good girl to help you install the toliet. That is too funny.

joanne said...

Sarah needs to stop complaining.. a toliet is a good heart day gift. what a awsome helper tara is.