
It wouldn't be proper if we didn't have at least one emergency room visit this year. Saturday morning Sydney had a soccer game at the gym. Leaving the gym after the game, Tara took off running across the street to the parking lot and lost her balance. She then proceeded to dive into the curb catching herself with only her forhead. Our stomachs dropped as we watched her go, unable to reach her. As we sat there on the curb trying to access the damage, we watched the goose egg swell up and turn purple. Almost immediately, she started asking to go to bed so we rushed over to the Emergency Room to have her checked out. Luckily it was a slow day and we got to walk right in. We were in and out of the emergency room in about an hour. They just told us to keep a close eye on her and wake her up every two hours. Oh joy!
Anyway, that night the swelling started to go down and the color dropped down to her eye for one nice shiner. The picture doesn't do justice. By Sunday morning her eye was completely black and almost swollen shut. I couldn't look at her. Church was fun. Tara was pretty rowdy and kept climbing on my lap and putting her face in my for one extreme close-up. I really hope it goes away soon.
Otherwise, she is back to her normal, rambunctious self looking for the next way hurt herself.
5 comments:
I am so glad that you started a blog!!! I am so sorry about Tara. Poor girl! I hope that she gets better soon. By the way, I haven't told you congrats yet! I am really excited for you. See you in a few days!
Yeah! I was hoping you'd start a blog. I love seeing pictures of my grandchildren.
Poor Tara! I'm glad it wasn't worse.
Sarah and Russ you really have to stop beating your kids!!
Poor Tara i bet she is loving all the attenttion! get us on your blog list! mikejoannebernhardt.blogspot.com!
Poor thing! Isn't it so awful when you have absolutely no control over if they get hurt or not? I stay up at night worrying about things like that. I'm glad you started a blog.
You people are crazy. Glad the kid is ok.
Post a Comment