Saturday, March 19, 2011

Birthday BONANZA!

After Sydney's baptism we rushed home to throw a HUGE birthday party for her. We had over 25 kids show up, and I was extremely grateful to have so many extra adults around to keep things at least somewhat under control.
It was a gorgeous day outside, which is good because there is no way that many kids could even fit in my house. The kids ranged from age 1 to 12. I'm glad Sydney has so many fantastic friends!
Inside was the cookie decorating and treats. Outside was the chaotic fun.
Things became a little rowdy when Russ began a bean-bag war with the kids. Everyone against him. Not his brightest move.
We got Sydney a new pair of rollerblades for her birthday. She is quite the pro now.
Evie had fun at the party, too. She loves it loud & crazy, just like her sisters!

It truly was a birthday party to remember!

2 comments:

Russ said...

Whoa, whoa, whoa. Hold on there. As I recall, Dad started the bean bag fight. The kids saw him throw a bean bag at me and it spread like wildfire. I just ended up being the target. Dad walked away unscathed while I got pelted repeatedly by 15 or so 8-12 year old kids! Not my fault. Thanks Dad!

Anonymous said...

Dad: Tough it up! Take it like a man!

Mom: I remember it the same way you do. Sneaky man, your father!