Someday I will get a neutral colored bed skirt so all my quilts look good with it. This quilt really doesn't work with the blue! Use your imagination...

I saw this pattern in a book and really loved the fun prints and colors used to make this scrappy, bright autumn quilt. So I dug around in my stash, did a little
strategic shopping, and pieced the top together last summer.
Then I pulled a different quilt top out and finished that one instead. So this quilt spent a little time in my 'Someday-I'll- finish-it' box.

I quilted it last week and just finished binding it today. The machine quilting is nothing special, but I wanted to keep it simple since the design is already so busy.
Instead of using one continuous material for the binding as I usually do, I pieced together all my leftover scraps, giving it a unique look.

It was a fun, easy quilt to make--a little applique, a striking border, a variety of prints and colors, but all tied together with the smaller yellow leaves and orange floral material. I am enjoying venturing out of my comfort zone and trying some new styles and techniques. **And I am happy that I finished my autumn quilt before winter hit.**
One finished, time to start five more!
8 comments:
Just beautiful, as always. You've inspired me and I spent Conference afternoon cutting out pieces for a quilt. When I get to the finishing part, will you walk me through the machine quilting?
very pretty :)
very pretty :)
very pretty :)
very pretty :)
So does that mean its very, very, very, very pretty? ;)
Thanks Debby!
Thanks Debby!
Thanks Debby!
Thanks Debby!
...I know, I'm SO funny!
Alana, I'd be happy to show you some machine quilting techniques. I'm excited to see your quilt!
Hey Sarah! I just found your blog through Ivy's. I can't believe how big your kids are! Do you remember me from Eatontown ward? I used to love holding your babies during church! Now I have two of my own and I WISH there was a young woman who loved babies as much as I did! LOL So fun to see them getting so big and your new little one I never met. She's precious.
Post a Comment